Blue Wedding to the Sky Vows

Blue Wedding to the Sky Vows

Blue Wedding of Sky Photos

Vows to the Sky (June 2009)

Luke: Annie and Beth, are you ready to take your vows?
Beth: Yes, Annie: Yes
Luke: What is your gift to the earth?
Beth to Annie: I know that I am not always the best communicator but this year I vow to work on my communication skills. I will go to whatever classes you, dear Annie, decide will help the combined efforts of my throat, tongue and mind to form words and sounds that will express my thoughts and feelings to their fullest and most accurate meaning. I would like to extend my vows to embrace a dialogical aesthetic. I intend to include ACTIVE LISTENING into my art-life process. This will involve an even greater dependence on and vulnerability to my collaborator(s)/audience(s) and I embrace this conversation. I would also like to thank Geoffrey Hendricks aka Cloudsmith who is doing a headstand in Nova Scotia, as we speak, to celebrate the sky.
Annie to Beth: We’ve been together seven glorious years. I love you so much. Good clear communication is an important key to any relationship. So today I vow to learn new, and better ways to have an even deeper communication with you. I vow to do more shamanic journeying and spiritual explorations so that I can communicate more fully with my higher self, and with something even bigger than us, and bring that into our relationship. I vow to become a better listener.

Rings for the Brides

Luke: To remind you of your vows each day you will have rings. May we have the rings please?
Ring bearer comes out of the second story window and repels down the wall and presents the rings. The brides put them on each other

Carbon Capture Kiss

Claire: New scientific research shows that there might be ways to capture the carbon and help stop global warming. We can all do our part with a carbon capture kiss. Let me demonstrate. Do it with another person, or with yourself by putting your hand in front of your mouth.
Luke: You may now carbon capture kiss the brides, and each other. (to audience)

The Vows

Luke: Annie and Beth, are you ready to take your vows to the sky?
Annie: Yes, Beth: Yes
Annie: (Yelling) SKY, I LOVE YOU!! YOU GIVE ME SO MUCH PLEASURE. I LOVE YOUR CLOUDS, YOUR AIR, YOUR RAIN, YOUR BEAUTY. I NEED YOU and WANT TO BE WITH YOU FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I WANT TO SUPPORT YOU. I AM NOTHING WITHOUT YOU.
1. I vow to make more efforts towards becoming a vegetarian. 2. I vow to learn more about global warming and sky pollution and find things that I can do to help solve the problems. 3. I vow to love and appreciate all of you more each day and to listen to you.
Beth:
1. I vow to work towards becoming vegetarian 2. I vow to work towards ending mountain top removal 3. I vow to thank the sky everyday for being the medium that provides us with oxygen, wind, rain, sunlight, starlight, moonlight and Blue. THANK YOU SKY!!
Luke to Audience: Do any of you wish to make vows to the sky?
Audience: We DO!!!
Luke: Beth, do you promise to love, honor and breath in the sky for as long as you shall live?
Beth: I DO!
Luke: Annie, do you promise to love, honor and breath in the sky for as long as you shall live?
Annie: I DO!
Luke (to audience): Do you promise to love, honor and breath in the sky for as long as you shall live?
Those of you that FEEL THEY ARE READY AND WOULD LIKE to commit to love, honor and breath in the sky for as long as you both shall live, say I DO.
Audience: I do!
Luke: May we have the ring for the sky please?

OfferRing to the Groom

(And Craftsman's Vow)
Ariel: OH SKY! Groom to these two earthly maidens, on whose behalf have I crafted, from earthly rock, this ring of stone, and on whose behalf, do I now offer this ring, as an OfferRing, to you, which, as a token of your acceptance, and, in your own time, Take! And Hold! AND WHEN, OH SKY! After a night of darkness, You regain your blueness, and you wonder or question, ‘Did I really wed these earthly brides?’ THEN, just gaze upon this ring, and you will be sweetly reminded. AND THEN, OH SKY! In exchange for your accepting this ring, your taking it (in your own time), your holding it, your remembering upon it, and your cherishing your brides, THEN, do I, its earthly crafty craftsman, DO HEREBY SOLEMNLY VOW, to regard your doing so, as more than adequate recompense, for this, my labour of love, AND DO I FURTHER SOLEMNLY VOW, NOT to submit a bill to NEITHER you, NOR the brides, NEVER..

Proclamation

LUKE: I now pronounce you MARRIED TO THE SKY!!! You may now kiss the SKY!

Recession

Jimmy Hendrix’s Purple Haze Plays Loud! Brides leave the stage first, then everyone else recesses.

Posted in blue wedding to the sky.