Red Wedding Vows

Red Wedding Vows

Geoff: “How did you meet each other and when did you fall in love?”

Annie: We met fifteen years ago. Beth was going to grad school at Rutgers. I was living here in Manhattan. She was curating an art show. So she came to my apartment to select one of my ‘tit prints’. My first impression of her was that she was this bundle of joy--and very cute. We flirted a little. But we never got together then. Twelve years later, at the encouragement of Joe Kramer, I called her up for a date. Thank Goddess, she accepted. She came to my house. One hour later we had our first kiss. It was during that first kiss that I fell in love with her. When I looked deeply into her beautiful bright eyes, I saw her wisdom, and when she pressed her body against mine, I felt her power. That began an epic love, like I have never known before. A love I’d never dreamed was even possible for me. Now we’ve been living together for over two years, which has been an absolute joy. We are so compatible, and I am so happy. Every day she inspires me, makes me laugh, and makes me feel so loved. I am honored to be hers, and want to give our relationship and collaboration my absolute all.

Beth: When I first met Annie I was struck by her sexy beauty and generosity. I had gone to her apartment to pick up a print for a show that I was co curating. It was very cold outside- and I didn’t have a proper scarf. Annie gave me a scarf that I have to this very day. When Annie moved to California I invited her to speak at UC Santa Cruz and it was exhilarating to ride down the coast and back to San Francisco with her. Later she saved me from becoming a heterosexual by calling me up for a date. We met at her home in Marin. She lived in a Tantric palace, which I really didn’t quite know how to handle but I kept my hippie wisecracks to myself. I agreed to let her read my tarot cards in her bedroom. Before I knew it I was spilling my innermost secrets to her. The only way that I could think of maintaining any privacy was to give her a kiss. Our first night together sealed my desire to hold and be held by Annie time without end.

Geoff: “Are you ready to make your vows to each other?”

Annie's Vows

Dear Beth,

I am deeply honored and grateful to be your beloved, and collaborator in love art. I promise to love, honor, worship, and adore you. Nourish and cherish you.For richer, for poorer. In sickness, and in health.

I vow to make you feel as safe and secure as possible. To maintain a joyous and peaceful, home with you. And give you all the space and freedom you desire.

I will kiss, cuddle, massage and pamper you. I commit to that important ‘family value’: maintaining an exciting, satisfying, meaningful sex life.

I vow to be the best collaborator, in love, and art, that I possibly can. I vow to love you with all my heart, dear Beth, forever and eternity. May the light of our love shine out into the world.

ANNIE M. SPRINKLE

Beth's Vows

I am ecstatic to celebrate you, Annie, as my true love in life and collaborator in art.

I promise:

To love you in both good times and in bad
In sickness and in health
To trust, respect and cherish you
To work through our challenges
To hold you when you cry and to enjoy your happiness when you laugh
To provide you with shelter and security
But give you space when you need it

And to be your love as art collaborator for seven + seven + seven years or for as long as
we both shall live. And may the light of our love shine out into the world.

ELIZABETH M. STEPHENS

Geoff: Now let the Seven Years of Art as Love begin.

Posted in Red Wedding.